On today’s show, Andrew and Natasha meet again to record another episode of The Lounge Podcast. This time we have changed up the format of the show – a full episode dedicated to some of our favourite resources (FYI – free plugs for a variety of companies, authors, and not for profits)!
Watch the episode live here, thanks to YouTube & Google On-Air Hangouts or search for the audio podcast on the iTunes Podcast directory.
Rookie Resource Bank
Here’s a list, to hear what we think of each of them, you’ll have to watch or listen in
- Natasha starts us off by suggesting… Tribes Learning Communities (J.Gibbs)
- Andrew follows up with … Sample Math Problems (linked to Specific Expectations), Ontario Curriculum Document
- Natasha comes back with… What Do You Make? (a picture book by Tom Hierck, Illustrations by Anne DeGrace)
- Andrew keeps the literature ball rolling … Mr.Peabody’s Apples (Madonna)
- Natasha turns it back to Math with… KhanAcademy.com
- Andrew keeps it real with… ProdigyGame.com
- Natasha is into the Math and shares …Good Questions: Great ways to Differentiate Mathematics (M.Small)
- Andrew goes with technology to close us out… WordQ (universal design: essential for some, beneficial for all)
Quick Shout Outs
- We want to take a moment and thank everyone for continuing to support our site – we have reached over 21,000 visitors. Exciting is that 25% of you are returning visitors and we appreciate your loyalty to our grassroots site. Thank you !
- We hope you continue to watch for Natasha who tries her best to help co-moderate the #ntchat with Lisa Dabbs – on Wednesday nights at 8:00pm EST
- Please join us and 323 others on Facebook.com/TheRookieTeacher
- We are also spending time gathering some great ideas for the classroom on Pinterest (http://bit.ly/rookiepins) – we are up to 853 pins and 3267 followers on our collab board – let us know if you’d like to contribute.
- If you believe in what we’re doing & want to support our team, we have FREE buttons available – send us a FB message, tweet, or email and we will get one out to you ASAP!
Like what you’ve heard? Have more questions? Contact us:
We are always looking for ideas, feedback, tips and tricks of the trade. Find us on Twitter @RookieTeacherCA, Facebook.com /TheRookieTeacher. If you are looking to get involved with our team, please contact us!