The Lounge is a biweekly podcast brought to you by TheRookieTeacher[dot]ca.
On this episode, two RookieTeachers discuss professional development. Being a Rookie is exactly what it sounds like – being new – meaning we have lots of energy, fresh ideas, and looking forward to hit a homerun! Sometimes it helps to put a name or philosophy behind our ideas to help explain ourselves in interviews or during collaboration projects (so that we are using common language), or to provide a foundation/research for what we are doing in the classroom. After the overwhelming response we had to Marsha’s previous post about AQs, we knew that this topic had to be discussed on The Lounge.
Each episode features three segments:
- Topic Discussion
- Quick Tip for Tomorrow
- The Rookie Resource Bank
Topic: Professional Development
Quick Tip for Tomorrow: Something you could do the next day in class with little or no prep and is applicable to most grade levels.
- Andrew: Reading Beads
- Natasha: Partner/Group making strategies (avoid getting left out)
- Natasha: One teachers approach to preventing gender bullying in a classroom [blog article]
- Andrew: Ontario Ministry Website
- Really exciting news – earlier this month we had our first 200+ views/day. We want to thank everyone who is showing support for our new project. Thank you for spreading the word and please continue to drop by our site and join in on the discussion. We look forward to hearing from you soon
- Thank you for Liking us on Facebook – we are almost at our 100 person goal!
- We want to be your New Teacher Resource – Facebook poll – what are you looking for in a new-teacher website?
Thanks for listening. Join us for our next episode when we discuss BACHELOR OF EDUCATION ALTERNATIVES: How are you using your B.Ed outside the classroom?