The Lounge is a biweekly podcast brought to you by TheRookieTeacher[dot]ca.
On this episode, four RookieTeachers discuss Bachelor of Education Alternatives: How are you using your BEd outside the classroom? With special guests Rebecca Jess and Rob Kempson, Natasha and Andrew investigate how Bachelor of Education graduates spend their time working outside of the classroom. Listen in to learn how Rob manages his time between Occasional Teaching and working in the drama communities in Toronto and how Rebecca’s interest in the arts and summer camping has led her to a full time job as a Summer Camp Director.
Each episode features three segments:
- Topic Discussion
- Quick Tip for Tomorrow
- The Rookie Resource Bank
Topic: Bachelor of Education Alternatives: How are you using your BEd outside the classroom?
Quick Tip for Tomorrow: Something you could do the next day in class with little or no prep and is applicable to most grade levels.
- Andrew: Procedural Writing using Origami
- Rob: Super Sonic Simon Says
- Rebecca: Grabbing Attention with Jingles (i.e., Sleep Country; Justin Bieber’s song Baby)
- Natasha: WallWisher.com
- Andrew: “Comprehensive Literacy Resource for Grades 3-6 Teachers” By Miriam Trehearne
- Rob: Study Guides
- Rebecca: Book of Awesome – Neil Pasricha
- Natasha: Canadian Wildlife Federation’s Project Wild Training & Activity Guide
- Happy New Year! 2012 is going to be a great year for TheRookieTeacher.ca. Stay tuned, we have LOTS of amazing things planned.
- We reached our goal of 100 Likes (and counting) on Facebook. Thank you for helping us spread the word about our page. Please continue to share and post questions.
- Don’t forget about the great discussions happening on Twitter. Edutopia with Lisa Dabbs host the #ntchat every Wednesday night from 8-9pm EST on twitter.
Rookie Teacher Online
We are always looking for ideas, feedback, tips and tricks of the trade. Find us on Twitter @RookieTeacherCA, Facebook.com /TheRookieTeacher. If you are looking to get involved with our team, please contact us!
Thanks again so much to our guests:
- Find Rob: RobKempson.com; PasseMuraille.on.ca; PaprikaFestival.com
- Find Rebecca: www.ilovecamp.org; @RebeccaJess
Thanks for listening. Join us for our next episode when we discuss Life as a Prep/Rotary/”drop in” Teacher: When you only have 40-60 minutes.Pin It