On today’s episode, Andrew and Natasha discuss what it’s like to set up a classroom in August for Back-to-School! Included are some quick tips, things to think about, and a little insight into classroom management techniques related to organization.
Our favourite from this episode:
- Say “hi!” to people in the building
- Furniture – enough? too much? where?
- Family & friend volunteers <3
- Hit up the DOLLAR STORE!!! (save the receipt if you can get reimbursed)
- Yard sales
- Leave lots of space to co-create
- A world map
- Natasha: Memo Books (4 for $1.00, dollarstore!)
- Andrew: Thank You cards (dollarstore!)
#TRENDING next time
- The 1st Week of School
- Building Community – Classroom Edition
- Making a Class Website (webinar workshop)
Like what you’ve heard? Have more questions? Contact us:
Andrew: I blog at TheRookieTeacher.ca, or email me Andrew@TheRookieTeacher.ca.
Lauren: Blogs at TheRookieTeacher.ca, or catch her updates on our BRAND NEW Pinterest board – pinterest.com/RookieTeacherCA
We are always looking for ideas, feedback, tips and tricks of the trade. Find us on Twitter @RookieTeacherCA, Facebook.com /TheRookieTeacher. If you are looking to get involved with our team, please contact us!