On today’s show, Andrew and Natasha meet again with our newest contributor, Allison, to record another episode of The Lounge Podcast. We have been asked to speak about the time in our preservice year — and specifically what it means to be in the practicum portion of the B.Ed year.
We would like to thank Matt Honsberger for the topic suggestion. If you have any questions that you would like answered – comment below, send us an email (email@example.com), @reply on Twitter @RookieTeacherCA, or join us over on Facebook.
Watch the episode live, thanks to YouTube & Google On-Air Hangouts or search for the audio podcast on the iTunes Podcast directory.
Quick Tip for Tomorrow
- Andrew: talking about descriptive language -like when making gingerbread cookies!
- Natasha: velcro dots!
- Allison: using Pop songs in Music class — simplify & go
Rookie Resource Bank
- Allison: How to Talk so Kids can Learn – by Adele Faber, Elaine Mazlish
- Andrew: iBooks App –for reading PDFs
- Natasha: Teaching from the Thinking Heart (feat. Sarah Lowes, ch.2) &
Long Range Planning Folios (Lauren Hughes)
Quick Shout Outs
- Please join us and 671 others (+ counting…) on Facebook.com/TheRookieTeacher — join in our collaboration project by asking your burning questions.
- We are also spending time gathering some great ideas for the classroom on Pinterest (http://bit.ly/rookiepins) – we are up to 1019 pins and 3392 followers on our collab board – let us know if you’d like to contribute.
- If you believe in what we’re doing & want to support our team, we have FREE buttons available – send us a FB message, tweet, or email and we will get one out to you ASAP!
Like what you’ve heard? Have more questions? Contact us:
Allison: comment on Facebook.com/TheRookieTeacher or on this blog post.
We are always looking for ideas, feedback, tips and tricks of the trade. Find us on Twitter @RookieTeacherCA, Facebook.com /TheRookieTeacher. If you are looking to get involved with our team, please contact us!