On today’s show, Andrew and Natasha join up for the long awaited return of The Lounge Podcast. It has been a while, but as many of you know, life as a teacher is hard work…and can be quite busy too! This episode features conversations about life as a combination/split grade teacher. Listen in to hear about tips, tricks, must-do activities, and more! Read the show notes below and don’t forget to download & subscribe to the podcast on iTunes today!
Each episode features three segments:
- Topic Discussion
- Quick Tip for Tomorrow
- The Rookie Resource Bank
Topic: Teaching a Combination Class
Quick Tip for Tomorrow:
Something you could do the next day in class with little or no prep and is applicable to most grade levels.
- Andrew: Inside/Outside Circles or Concentric Circles
- Natasha: Food Bin
The Rookie Resource Bank:
Any electronic, print, or event resource that we found helpful in our first few years of teaching. Of course, these are all applicable to all teachers.
- Andrew: Ontario Curriculum Unit Planners (link)
- Natasha: Knowing What Counts Series (Anne Davies)
Quick Shout Outs
- We want to take a moment and thank everyone for continuing to support our site – we have reached over 10,000 visitors. Thank you !
- We hope you continue to watch for Natasha who is co-moderating the #ntchat with Lisa Dabbs – on Wednesday nights at 8:00pm EST
- Please join us and 248 others on Facebook.com/TheRookieTeacher
- We are also spending time gathering some great ideas for the classroom on Pinterest (http://bit.ly/rookiepins) – we are up to 2742 followers on our collab board – let us know if you’d like to contribute.
- If you believe in what we’re doing & want to support our team, we have buttons available – send us a FB message, tweet, or email and we will get one out to you ASAP!
- Watch for our Lounge Express Series – starting soon!
Like what you’ve heard? Have more questions? Contact us:
We are always looking for ideas, feedback, tips and tricks of the trade. Find us on Twitter @RookieTeacherCA, Facebook.com /TheRookieTeacher. If you are looking to get involved with our team, please contact us!